- Class will start on time. If you are more than 10 minutes late you will be marked as absent.
- No talking during class, no reading material during class, and no inappropriate use of electronic equipment (cell phones, laptops, etc.) during class.
- I reserve the right to make new rules and changes to the course.
- Diversity in discussion. Throughout the course of the semester, we will be addressing a variety of issues on which people will have strong and diverse opinions. It is critical that we respect one another’s thoughts, and address our comments at the ideas, not the person. Our class is not a forum for demeaning or threatening language
- Academic Integrity. Plagiarism and Cheating. Plagiarism and cheating will not be tolerated. I feel especially strong about this when it comes to student writing. Please remember that the consequences for any kind of cheating or plagiarism can result in an “F” for the class and possibly other actions by the university.
- Wesleyan’s policies can be found online at: http://www.wesleyan.edu/studenthandbook/3_honorsystem.html
- If you have any questions about the appropriate way to use or cite a source, please do not hesitate to ask me before you hand in your paper.
It is the policy of Wesleyan University to provide reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities. Students, however, are responsible for registering with Disabilities Services, in addition to making requests know to me in a timely manner.If you require accommodations in this class, please make an appointment with me as soon as possible, so that appropriate arrangements can be made. The procedures for registering with Disabilities Services can be found at www.wesleyan.edu/deans/disability-students.html